Pinecone Turkey Craft
·Yellow and red felt
Time needed: About 30 minutes
1. For each turkey, cut out a yellow beak and a red wattle from felt. Then glue the beak, wattle, and a pair of wiggly eyes onto a pom-pom to create the turkey's head.
2. Glue the pom-pom head to the tip of a pinecone. Allow the glue to dry.
3. Wrap a pipe cleaner around the middle of the turkey's cone body, starting from the top and twisting it together a few times on the underside. Separate the ends of the pipe cleaner (below the twists) and bend each tip into a 3-toed foot.
4. For the turkey's tail, one by one wrap 3 or 4 pipe cleaners around the back of the pinecone, starting from the underside and twisting them together a few times on the top of the pinecone to secure them. Then loop both ends of each pipe cleaner to shape tail feathers.
OPTIONAL WAYS TO MAKE YOUR PINECONE TURKEY:
1. Make up a paper head out or brown or red cardstock and glue wiggly eyes to it. Make half circle and divide into sections with black marker for tail. Then color in the wedges.
2. Make your tail out of real colored feathers instead of pipe cleaners.
3. Make your tail out of different colored paper feathers.
4. Make your tail out of different colored foam feathers.
You could also purchase a Pinecone Turkey Craft Kit from Oriental Trading which has foam feathers. Click picture below to look at & purchase:
FREE GROUND SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS WITHIN THE CONTINENTAL USA
A Division of Foothills Internet Marketing, LLC
117 Snipe Lane
Easley, SC 29642
All rights reserved.
Amazing Children's Educational Software, Children's Educational Toys & Learning Games that challenge & grow young minds!
Shop by Toy Type
Shop by Age
Shop by Subject
Shop by Brand
Shop by Popular Character